Here at the Investment Auto Group, your safety is our priority. Unexpected things happen. From a flat tire, to a paper cut, it’s always good to have a backup plan and be prepared for anything while on the road. We have gathered a list of essentials recommended by the National Safety Council, to keep in your car.
- A properly inflated spare tire, wheel wrench and tripod jack
- Tool kit and/or a multipurpose utility tool
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit with gauze, tape, bandages, antibiotic ointment, aspirin, a blanket, nonlatex gloves, scissors, hydrocortisone, thermometer, tweezers and instant cold compress
- Nonperishable, high-energy foods, such as unsalted nuts, dried fruits and hard candy
- Drinking water
- Reflective vest in case you need to walk to get help
- Car charger for your cell phone
- Duct tape
- Rain poncho
- Additional items for cold weather include a snow brush, shovel, windshield washer fluid, warm clothing, cat litter for traction and blankets
You can purchase emergency kits that are pre-assembled, or create one on your own. Have peace of mind knowing you are ready for whatever life throws your way while on the road. Put together an emergency kit for your car, so you and your family are ready for all of your adventures this summer.